After
months years of Alex trying to persuade me that it was a good idea to get another puppy, I finally ran out of excuses and gave in :) While I was back in Iowa, Alex emailed a breeder in the area that posted an ad indicating golden puppies were for sale [so sneaky to do it while I'm out of the state!] She put us on the list and we were able to go choose one a few weeks ago. The puppies were finally ready to come to go to their new homes last week so we picked her up last Thursday. It's been both fun and tiring - puppies have way more energy than I remembered!! We decided on another golden retriever since we've had such good luck with Mosie and they are known to be both family friendly and even tempered.
After making lists of potential names, we settled on Sadie. Mosie is still unsure of this new invasion and is constantly watching her every move to make sure she doesn't take her toys and/or food. I'm sure in a few weeks Mosie will be less irritated and they will be friends :)
While Sadie is getting better about staying in her kennel for longer periods of time she is still ready to get up for the day at 5:30... She also has taken an interest to the stuffed squeakers and our slippers. We're hoping she doesn't destroy too many shoes!
No comments:
Post a Comment