Friday, July 10, 2015

Pioneer Ridge Trail

This last weekend, Alex decided to be ambitious and hike the Pioneer Ridge Trail.  It's been a hike that he has wanted to attempt for a long time now.  The trailhead is about 45 minutes north of Anchorage.  The ridge has a 5300 ft elevation and the trail is 4.5 miles each way.  Definitely not for the faint of heart and not something I had any interest in attempting.  I'm not sure why Alex didn't ask me to come along... ;) He said there were great views of Knik Glacier once the trees cleared.  He said it was really strenuous and Mosie didn't do very well on it [he had to carry her part of the way down.]  I think if I had gone along and made it that far he would have been carrying me as well!! At least he took some good pictures :)

Knik Glacier in the back



At least there was some snow for the pups as a reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment