We had a very relaxing, uneventful weekend filled with football, crafts and NO hikes (the pain in my big toes appears to be Black Toe.) Since Alex is done with all of the soldier exams and didn't have to work this weekend, we decided to sleep in, relax and (try) to enjoy some football.
A few weeks ago, while browsing through Pinterest as I do
once numerous times each day, I found a wonderful way to remake a tree skirt. I've grown tired of my Christmas tree decor since I've used the same ones the past few years so I thought this was a perfect way to give it a new, rustic look. I'm extremely excited for the holidays this year which I'm thinking has to do with the fact that the weather is already chilly & snow will be coming soon. After looking up the directions at
Done Over Decor I decided that even I could manage this project. It was simply cutting strips of fabric (I used red & burlap like she did in the example) and gluing them to my existing tree skirt. It really was easy to do but very time consuming! I love the end result and can't wait to put up our tree in a few weeks :)
That was the only project I accomplished but I have many more I want to try! In other news, Alex got the much anticipated studded tires for the truck yesterday. Apparently it's the thing to do up here to give our vehicle more traction in the snow.
I hope you all had great weekends as well!
The tree skirt is very cool!! It looks like it must have been VERY putsy:) Mom
ReplyDelete