Monday, October 15, 2012

Winter is in the air

I'm sad to report that Fall has officially left Alaska.  The temps are turning colder and it actually SNOWED on Saturday.  While everyone has warned us that it snows by Halloween, I was expecting the temps to be slightly warmer until then but no such luck... The highs are supposed to be in the mid 30s and the lows in the 20s BRR!!


Even though Mother Nature missed the memo that it's still Fall, I decided to try some new pumpkin recipes I've had my eye on.  I've scoured Pinterest looking for anything pumpkin flavored so I decided to try two of the recipes.  First up, Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins - they were like a pumpkin bar but in muffin form for breakfast! Since I HAD to use the remaining pumpkin, I made Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Muffins.  I had never really thought about combining pumpkin and chocolate but it was A.MA.ZING!! I love the smell of baked pumpkin so there was an added bonus of all the baking!  Since I didn't really need to eat all of the muffins myself, I sent them off to work with Alex this morning...  not to fret, I still have leftover pumpkin and a few more recipes to try!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins

Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Muffins

On top of the baking I did over the weekend, I decided to throw a roast in the crock pot for dinner last night.  Of course, I turned to Pinterest to try a new version that looked too good to pass up.  It was a Balsamic and Onion Pot Roast.  The flavor was really good and it was extremely tender after sitting in all that goodness for 7 hours!

I highly recommend trying any of the above recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Made both pumpkin muffin recipes...both yummy!!! Made the Pumpkin Cheesecake muffins in a 9 x 9 pan and it made a terrific coffee cake:) Mom

    ReplyDelete