Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas in Iowa

I can't believe that December is already gone... It feels like just yesterday was Thanksgiving and I was going to the airport to pick up Mom & Dad! I apologize for the lack of/sparse posts lately - after Mom & Dad flew back to Iowa, Alex and I had a week to ourselves before it was my turn to jump on a plane.  I had an AMAZING two weeks to spend with family. I was very fortunate that my job allowed me to work from Decorah (thanks Roxanne!!) so I worked during the day and spent time with family at night.  Since I was working, I wasn't able to travel to Iowa City or Fairfield this time but I guess I have that to look forward to for next time!

While I was back I was able to attend my nieces' church programs & dance recital, make Christmas cookies, see all of the Darringtons and Grandma Benning, celebrate my dad's birthday and have a family Christmas!  I packed a lot in but it was so much fun and the 2 weeks were over before I knew it. It was great spending so much time in Iowa but it was a long time away from Alex (and Mosie!)





I arrived back in Anchorage EARLY on the 24th.  Alex surprised me with cross country skis so we went to a nearby park on Christmas Eve day to test them out.  It was so beautiful with the snow coming down, the frost covered trees and mountains in the distance! It's days like that which make me realize how lucky we are to live in such a stunning state!  Christmas morning was different for both of us but we opened presents, had some breakfast and then went to a a park with Mosie.  That evening we invited the Ostby's over for a prime rib dinner and Iowaopoly - monolopy consisting of U of I locations :)

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!! Onward to 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment