Monday, May 4, 2015

Baby Showers

Last weekend, I was overwhelmed by the love and generosity from our family and friends by having not one but TWO baby showers on the same day!  Sarah planned an e-shower/virtual shower by telling friends & family to send baby gifts to Alex and me by 4/25 and we would then open everything that day.  It felt like Christmas as I was collecting boxes in the weeks preceding the shower :)  I was able to FaceTime  with Mom and Dad so they could watch me open the presents while Alex was taking pictures.  Even though we live thousands of miles from Iowa, it made me feel close to everyone!

That same day, I was treated to a 2nd baby shower held by our good friend Heidi Ostby (Heidi and her husband Jesse went to dental school with Alex and are dentists here in Anchorage.)  She planned a relaxing morning at the spa where 7 of us received pedicures and ate some yummy treats.  It felt great to have my feet massaged and to actually get my toes painted since it's not feasible for me to reach them anymore :)

Overall, it was a great day and we received so many gifts!  I feel like we're prepared to bring baby home now :) Thank you to everyone who participated (and to Sarah for organizing!!!)  Here are some pictures from that day and the rest can be viewed on Shutterfly.







No comments:

Post a Comment