The first two weeks went incredibly fast! Overall, everything has been going really well. There were some initial issues with feeding but they were quickly resolved after my milk came in and a visit to the lactation consultant. At Ava's 2 week appointment, she squashed the doctor's concerns about her weight by not only getting back to her initial birth weight but then some! She weighed 9lbs 3 oz. This girl definitely likes to eat :) She has also been a good sleeper with a few stretches at night even lasting 3-4 hours! I can't complain about that!
Alex was able to get 10 days off from work. It was so nice having him home with us but I think he was ready to get back to a normal routine! Ava didn't waste any time getting her daddy wrapped around her little finger. He changes diapers and makes sure he gets in some cuddle time as soon as he gets home for the day.
The timing worked out perfectly as my parents arrived right when Alex's 10 days were up so I didn't have to be home alone quite yet. Mom and Dad were both extremely anxious to meet their littlest granddaughter. A few days later, I was surprised by Sarah! I guess everyone was in cahoots with this surprise and what a surprise it was! :) Mom stayed for 2 weeks, Dad was here for just 1 and Sarah came for a long weekend. While they were all here, we managed to get out for some walks and even made it out to restaurants and a brewery [priorities :)]. It was nice to have some extra hands to help around the house, make some meals and just to pass Ava off to so I could get some rest. It was a lot harder to say goodbye to them than I anticipated.

No comments:
Post a Comment