Friday, June 26, 2015

Ava's Arrival

Ava Rosemary Roth arrived on Wednesday, May 27th.  Our little miracle made her debut at 3:23 PM weighing in at 8lbs 13oz and measured 21 inches.

At my weekly appointment [39 weeks] the week prior to her arrival, the doctor said I could basically go into labor at any time but they had me set up an induction date for a week later just in case as they could tell she was going to be a decent size.  The Sunday of Memorial day weekend, I was having pretty consistent contractions and not feeling very well.  We went on several walks around the neighborhood hoping it would help things progress. Just when I was ready to wake Alex to go to the hospital to get things checked out, the contractions stopped... So I just assumed we would wait until my induction (which was scheduled for the 27th.)  Well, late on the 26th the contractions kicked in again and I didn't think I could wait until my appointment so we headed to the hospital at 3 AM.  Once we got to the hospital, they said I was far enough along that I could stay [that was a relief!!]  After a few hours, the contractions had intensified to the point that I wanted an epidural.  After a few more hours, I was feeling pressure with each contraction so I asked the nurse to measure my progress.  She said I was completely dilated and said I could start pushing as soon as the doctor came in!  About an hour later, our sweet baby girl arrived!  Ava is absolutely perfect and we instantly fell in love with her. :)

Seconds old - getting weighed


All clean

Heading home (wasn't too sure at first but quickly calmed down)

No comments:

Post a Comment